On January 16, 2005, Centro Arte para la Paz opened the doors with more than 400 people gathered all sharing our dream of creating a place of alternative and creative education with the aim of building a culture of peace.

The site is located in Suchitoto on the grounds of the Santa Imelda School and Convent. From 1917 the Dominican Sisters of the Annunciation, worked here until 1980, when they were obliged to abandon the school because of the violence of the civil war.

Our formal Non-profit status is “Asociación de Desarrollo Local Centro Arte para la Paz”.